Monday, July 28 2014 5:47 AM EDT2014-07-28 09:47:04 GMT
Israel and Hamas have lowered the pace of the fighting in the three-week-old Gaza war as international efforts intensify to end the conflict that has already killed 1,030 Palestinians and 43 Israeli soldiers.Full Story >
Israeli jets pounded three Hamas sites in Gaza on Monday after a rocket was launched at Israel, disrupting a relative lull in the war-torn territory at the start of a major Muslim holiday.Full Story >
Monday, July 28 2014 5:01 AM EDT2014-07-28 09:01:08 GMT
BY: Megan O'Rourke Vicious dog owners are the target of a new proposal that will be introduced next week by a Cincinnati councilman. Councilman Chris Seelbach said his proposal is different because itFull Story >
Vicious dog owners are the target of a new proposal that will be introduced next week by a Cincinnati councilman.Full Story >
Monday, July 28 2014 4:51 AM EDT2014-07-28 08:51:51 GMT
Damage was reported in several areas of Highland County Sunday night after a strong storm went through the area. According to the National Weather Service, numerous trees and power lines were blown downFull Story >
Damage was reported in several areas of Highland County Sunday night after a strong storm went through the area.Full Story >
Monday, July 28 2014 4:48 AM EDT2014-07-28 08:48:16 GMT
A man was airlifted to the hospital late Sunday night after a pedestrian-involved crash. Police are investigating the hit and run reported just before midnight in Butler County. Officials say a pedestrianFull Story >
A man was airlifted to the hospital late Sunday night after a pedestrian-involved crash.Full Story >
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -
Eating healthy for your heart isn't easy.
But Lisa Andrews of Sound Bites Nutrition has some examples of heart healthy foods and some advise. Heart healthy foods include salmon, KIND bars and even beer and wine.
February is heart health awareness month.
Here's how to be heart smart:
1. Manage your weight. Losing even 10 percent of your weight can reduce blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar, which are risk factors for heart disease and stroke.
2. Cut back on saturated and trans fats. These fats are solid at room temperature and are found in most animal foods (beef, bacon, butter, whole milk cheese, ice cream). Trans fat is in most commercial cookies, pastries, fast food and margarine. If it tastes good- spit it out! (OK- just kidding here).
3. Increase intake of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. These are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber, which help reduce risk for heart disease. Get nutrients from food, not pills.
4. Eat more heart healthy fat from nuts, seeds and heart-healthy oil such as canola, olive oil, flaxseed and omega 3 fat from salmon and other fatty fish.
5. Reduce sugar intake. Recent research suggests that a diet high in sugar increases the risk for death from heart disease by 50 percent. Cut out regular soda and other sweetened beverages and read labels for sugar content.
Exercise, sleep, stress reduction also aid in reducing risk for heart disease.
Saturday, July 26 2014 2:09 PM EDT2014-07-26 18:09:07 GMT
A mysterious 'Woman in Black' has been spotted around the Tri-State in recent days, causing social media to erupt with questions about her identity. According to WATE in Tennessee, the Sullivan CountyFull Story >
A mysterious 'Woman in Black' has been spotted around the Tri-State in recent days, causing social media to erupt with questions about her identity.Full Story >
Sunday, July 27 2014 9:32 AM EDT2014-07-27 13:32:04 GMT
The Lockland man who went missing on Friday was found dead in his car on Saturday. James Rolman, 72, was found in his car inside a silo at an abandoned trucking company at 205 Smalley Road Saturday in Lockland. Full Story >
The Lockland man who went missing on Friday was found dead in his car on Saturday. Full Story >
Monday, July 28 2014 3:21 AM EDT2014-07-28 07:21:57 GMT
A homicide victim has been identified after leading a police on a low-speed chase Saturday. According to court documents, Christopher R. McFerron was arrested after he fled from police on InterstatesFull Story >
A man has been arrested after leading a police on a low-speed chase Saturday.Full Story >
Monday, July 28 2014 12:11 AM EDT2014-07-28 04:11:46 GMT
Since Israel's ground offensive began nearly three weeks ago a series of pro-Israel rallies have been held around the county. One such rally held today here in Cincinnati.Full Story >
Since Israel's ground offensive began nearly three weeks ago a series of pro-Israel rallies have been held around the county. One such rally held today here in Cincinnati. The main message expressed during today's rally was "I stand with Israel.Full Story >